Monitor/DVI fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks,

Brand new to this.

I'm looking for some help with a monitor problem. I currently operate on a iiyama E481S with dual DVI/VGA connections. My monitor has worked well and without problems for the past 3 months. However today on the DVI connection I can only get the colour yellow on screen. In VGA mode the monitor works fine.

Does anyone know what the problem could be ? The graphics card is a ATI Radeon 9200 256mb

Help !!!!!!

Most likely a broken cable or a loose connection. Unplug and replug. Take your chair off the DVI cable :p

BTW this goes into the "Audio and Video" forum.

Hi,

Ive tried unplugging, i've also reseated the graphics card just in case it was that.

The screen was fine last night, however I moved a few things around this morning and disconnected the DVI lead in the process. I reconnected it but the power to the monitor was still on when I did - could this have done any damage ?

Thanks
Gazza

PS

I'll get the posting in the right spot next time round

Cheers

Ah the old "moved stuff and it now don't work" syndrome...
As previously said by Nodsu ......check (and double check) EVERYTHING is connected/seated properly..'wiggle' cables at various points along their length to detect broken /loose connections. Completely power down system and monitor and reboot.
Are a few things to try for now. :)

Tried them all

the cable is only 3 months old

Can only assume that as VGA connection is ok - graphics card and monitor must be fine ???? unless its the DVI port on the card or monitor.

Whoopee fun and games

I'll try a new lead first - is it possibleb that ive damaged someting trying to hook the cable up while the monitor was still on ????

Possible, not likely but possible.
Could be a bent damaged pin or a power spike has killed a connector on plugging in.
Check the pin out configs HERE and make sure yours looks the same and has all the corresponding pins to available sockets.
To check for power spike damage will need a voltmeter and the knowhow to test out the pins/connections. A friend who is an electrician would come in handy at this point
:)

Is it possible that I have fowled up the DVI port on my monitor - or us a faulty cable the most likely fault ??

Haven't been able to lay my hands on a new dvi cable, everything in guernsey is closed today !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back