Monitor Failure on BOOT!! Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi people,

I've just recently attempted to build my computer and when I tried turning it on, the monitor claims that its working but there is no connection to the pc. I was just wondering if anyone knows what to do... Note that I just completed building my computer from scratch, so there is a possibility of error. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you,
Rod

i cannot understand what u r trying to say. be a little more specific and exactly tell ur problem. we r always ready for solving .

what is the hardware? Mobo, etc? first thing to do is make sure you have everthing connected properly. that includes the ram being seated firmly and the video card ( if you have one.) if you have onboard video but are using a video card make sure that the onboard video is disabled in the bios and that the setting in the bios is AGP not PCI.

last but not least if you have onboard video but are using a video card, makje sure the monitor iis hooked up to the video card adnnot the onboard video.

I'm not sure whether or not I've connected everything properly, but I'm pretty sure I have...

Anyways, the problem is I can't even get to BIOS... the monitor says it's not connected to the PC even though the plug is fastened to the video card port... Any ideas on where I could have screwed up?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back