Monitor flicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I just bougth a new pc, and wanted to keep working with the old monitor, by now. I have a CRT Samsung Syncmaster 700pplus...
With the old graphic card everything was ok, but with the new one, an Asus EAX600XT PciExpress the monitor flicks and the image is not steady.
I have XP with SP2 and installed every last version driver I could find.
Tried every possible combination of resolution and refresh rate and nothing solve the problem.

Does anyone know of something that migth be generating this problem?
Please tell me some ideas I can experiment... (other than getting a new monitor...)

Thanks,
Sandra

Try to see if you can download a new set of drivers for the monitor. It could be a driver-XP conflict of some sort. Does it flicker all of the time? My monitor flickers badly for anywhere from 1 to 10 mintues when the computer first starts and then doesn't do it after that time. I figure I have a power supply that is trying to fail and it quits flickering after the monitor has warmed up. You might try blowing out the dust in the back of the monitor with a can of compressed air. Couldn't hurt. Sometimes its the really easy stuff. I have done computer maintenance for years and blowing out dust, reloading windows, making sure drivers are updated, registry cleaning and spyware removal have fixed most problems believe it or not. I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back