Monitor/Gfx Card issue I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoNoR

Hello i have been searching the web for a couple months to try to find a way to solve this problem. My system specs are as follows
Pentium 4 2Gigahurtz
512 Ram
Nvidia Geforce 4 440se gfx card

I just recently reformatted and put in a new motherboard...
The occurs whenever i am playing any steam based games ie counter-strike or Day of Defeat and also at random times when im using my computer such as opening windows explorer and going to google or when typing in my password when logging onto my computer. I have tried a different gfx card and the problem still persists and i dont want to put down another 200$ for a new monitor unless i really have to. My monitor is a P92 6557 03n 19" Ibm monitor. I run it at 60 hz in 1280/1024 resolution so my refresh rate shouldnt be a problem i do overclock it when playing cs but to a managable rate... (at 800/600 it can run at 144 hz without trouble) and i only run it at 100. I have seen many people complaining about this same problem and no real answers and id like to know first if anyone has experienced this before and second if they have any fixes that might actually work. Ive heard it might be a power issue or a chord issue and ive checked all of my chords running from the computer to the wall monitor to wall and computer to monitor making me think that thats not the problem. Ive also just reset all my bios settings and then double checked to make sure all power saving features on my computer have been turned off please help me... thanks
HoNoR
ps. im new here

sorry

hey im sorry for double posting but i wasnt sure under which topic i should put it and as for my system specifications my friend just installed alot of new things such as a new motherboard put on a new case new fans and im not sure exactly what it all is i was just wondering if yall had heard of any fixes for this before i dont mean to spam or anything and im certainly not a troll just looking for a way to fix this problem thats been bugging me for so long thanx for any help

Call me crazy but in here & your whole post, do you actually say what occurs?

The occurs whenever i am playing any steam based games ie counter-strike or Day of Defeat and also at random times when im using my computer such as opening windows explorer and going to google or when typing in my password when logging onto my computer.

Originally posted by ---agissi---
Call me crazy but in here & your whole post, do you actually say what occurs?
Yea you can all me crazy too!? He said in the first post but I only see where he forgot to leave out the actual problem =\ "I just recently reformatted and put in a new motherboard...
The occurs...." What is the "the" my friend? You just said your having problems with steam games and something about you heard it could be cords? But what exactly is going? Crashing\Choppy\Sound etc. ???

Only thing I gathered was that w/e your problem is you think it's your monitor?

Haha, Im glad Im not alone here.. I was getting worried :p

Still dont know what the prob is

grrr

Hello i have been searching the web for a couple months to try to find a way to solve this problem. My system specs are as follows
Pentium 4 2Gigahurtz
512 Ram
Nvidia Geforce 4 440se gfx card

The occurs whenever i am playing any steam based games ie counter-strike or Day of Defeat and also at random times when im using my computer such as opening windows explorer and going to google or when typing in my password when logging onto my computer. I have tried a different gfx card and the problem still persists and i dont want to put down another 200$ for a new monitor unless i really have to. My monitor is a P92 6557 03n 19" Ibm monitor. I run it at 60 hz in 1280/1024 resolution so my refresh rate shouldnt be a problem i do overclock it when playing cs but to a managable rate... (at 800/600 it can run at 144 hz without trouble) and i only run it at 100. I have seen many people complaining about this same problem and no real answers and id like to know first if anyone has experienced this before and second if they have any fixes that might actually work. Ive heard it might be a power issue or a chord issue and ive checked all of my chords running from the computer to the wall monitor to wall and computer to monitor making me think that thats not the problem. Ive also just reset all my bios settings and then double checked to make sure all power saving features on my computer have been turned off please help me... thanks
HoNoR
ps. im new here

that was my first post i must have replied to the guys instead of my own leaving out the first part

okay im dumb

the problem is my monitor screen goes blank.... the green light is on then the screen goes black then the light starts blinking orange all it takes to fix is turning the monitor power off and then back on but it is still annoying to have to be doing that all the time sorry im such a noob :-/

Open PC, take out and reseat graphics card. Make sure all connectors from PC to Monitor are OK, check that powercable for monitor is OK, make sure they are all inserted fully and properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back