Monitor - Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuK3

Please Guys, Any Help Will Be Greatly Appreciated.

My mothers pc was running particulary slow - but no viruses etc.. so she asked me to open the case and see if everything looks ok, it was CAKED FULL of dust so i had to dust it all, hover the dust out of cracks and creveses to make sure it is ok.... this envolved unplugging the everything - monitor, keyboard etc..etc..

everything seemed fine, i plugged it all back in, the windows sound came up,.... everything seemed to be working, CD ROM was coming out when i pressed it... ONE PROBLEM... the monitor wont work, the green light on the monitor is just flashing... no more no less just flashing - the monitor isnt broken because the power is on and "the self check" is working (display of colours etc.) but their is no screen.... i havent got a clue of what do do. please help me :)

First thing to do is to give the graphics card a good wiggle when the pc is off!!!! If that has no effect. Second thing to try is remove and refit it again!!!!

Give it a go and see if it helps, if not then post back and i will offer up a few more things to try!!!!

Hi, Thanks rik, but the graphics card hasnt been touched and when i looked at it just now it seemed to be perfectly and firmly in place.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back