Monitor hibernates after restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
The subject says it all, the monitor recieves no signal from the computer upon a reboot of any type (forced, soft, etc). Even shutting down completely and turning the system back on doesn't work. In order to get signal back, I must shut down the system, remove the power cord, then plug it back in and turn it on.

So far I have tried resetting the CMOS, switching monitors, switching power supplies, installing new video drivers, and configuring Windows Power Management settings, all with no success.

I have a Shuttle SN41G2 system with a 1.4GHz Athlon proc, 1 GB of pc3300 DDR Mushkin RAM, a Liteon Combo drive, and a 250 GB Western Digital hard drive. I am running Windows 2000 Pro as my OS.

It should also be noted that I have had this exact model of Shuttle before and had no problems, and that this is a new one that just came in. I am looking for a fix so that I don't have to shell out anything to return it.

Any ideas? Anyone?

souinds like a more serious problem with your mobo. you're using integrated video, right? can it still be replaced under the warranty?

probably a faulty graphics chip. if it is onboard graphics then get the motherboard replaced or check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back