Monitor Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

imacrazyballoon

I have a Microtek 710s 17" monitor. It is quite old, 3-5 years. A couple days ago, my best guess is it lost its ability to display the color red. When it should be white, it shows a turquoise ish color. I tried the monitor color controls and the red slider value has no affect on the monitors color at all. Any way to fix it?
It started when i was using the CPU intensively, but I had used it even more so a few days before.

Try a different monitor see if you get the same effect with that PC. If you don't then time to retire that monitor. Old CRT uses a lot of energy. To save cost you should use LCD Monitor instead.

your color filter has gone bad. More expensive to repair than to replace with a lower energy lcd monitor. You can buy used CRTs dirt cheap also.

imacrazyballoon said:
.....my best guess is it lost its ability to display the color red.
Your monitor picture tube has a red, green and blue electron gun that is use to produce a color picture. From what you describe, the red gun has gone out. As the others have said, it would be cheaper to replace than to repair.

Im a monitor expert, but it sounds like youre all talking about CRT monitors, mine is LCD. And its fine now. It wasnt displaying red, but then it started to flicker and finally it corrected itself. Any advice on preventing this from happening again or why it is now fine?

Just one point

If you previously owned a CRT then study how an LCD is different in adjustments.Text being the most obvious.XP and your Video card maker
should have advice on this difference of settings.Read anything you can find on this.Did you get a Monitor driver cd ? Todays come with them .
Does the video card recognize the make and model ?
What video card is it or is it internal ?

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back