Monitor mouse, keyboard no power

Status
Not open for further replies.
im in the middle of moving im currently at a friends house i decided to setup my cpu and go play a game i plug in the cpu and take my friends computers monitor and keyboard and i go to boot up my pc and it seemed fine for a minute the lights on my pc came up the lights on the back came up the keyboard flickered with the lights then nothing no picture on the monitor no keyboard response or mouse response its a standard ps/2 keyboard and mouse the standard ports for em the video card i have is a nvidia 6800 ultra 512meg i cant figure out what the problem is my friends pc works fine but mine seems to not respond to anything i thought it might be a motherboard failure but the lights on the back came up and when i opened it up the lights came on i thought it could be a problem with my power supply or the fact that thiers 2 surge strips so close to each other with a ton of stuff on them

i use windows xp home edition
my cpu is from dell

If you have been moving the computer you need to check all the components and make sure nothing was dislodged and all are firmly seated. (CPU, ram, video card.) and make sure all the power connections are firmly seated.

my thoughts were maybe it was the monitor she has or something cause i only moved a week ago and i never had a problem with the computer before

i found the problem the video card wasnt seating correctly for some reason it was secured but i guess something was in the way thanks for the responses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back