Monitor not coming on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace630

Hi this is my first post and problem
Firstly I'm originally from the uk but right now living in Canada
I had bought a new computer a few years ago now but im not excatly sure what make the motherboard is.
Anyways i had asked someone to send over my motherboard, graphics card and hard drive to use over here as my computer wasnt really that old. I fitted it all together but the monitor didnt turn on and said it was in power save mode. I double and triple checked all the connections to make sure everything was in place but nothhing was out of place
The stats of my computer are I think 2gHz processor, 1gb of ram and i'm not sure what make my video card is but i've tried using the onboard one and it still doesn't make a difference. Also I have tried with other monitors but no luck on them. And there are no beeps when computer starts but I can hear the hard drive starting up. Any help would be great thx

What happens if you disconnect the hard drive and boot to a floppy such as MS-DOS or Windows 98 Boot-Startup?
Graphics card is a good first choice. Any chance you can try it in another machine.

Well there are other machines round here but the people that own the computers wouldnt be too happy with me stripping it and putting my stuff in there even though they know i did 4 years of computer college.
Wouldn't the floppy drive idea be no good becuase I cant hear the floppy drive load up at the start and when I had my stuff in my computer back in the UK the computer didn't orignally come with a floppy drive.
I've been thinking that maybe it might be something to do with the switch from UK to Canada
The mobo and stuff that was in the computer is quite old and i have read about power supply problems too if that m,ight have anything to do with it i dont know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back