Monitor problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently purchased a viewsonic 19" g90fb monitor and used it for about a week.While online the screen flashed and the monitor messed up.It had a black line in the center of my screen about three inches wide.I returned the monitor and received another,a week later while doing some gaming the screen got very blurry,to the point of being useless.I'm also sending this one back.Is my monitor problem just bad luck or is there some setting ( bios maybe ) that is damaging the monitors.
Amd xp 1700
asus mobo a7v266-e
768 mb of ram
Sapphire 9600xt 256 mb
Windows xp with service pack 2
Viewsonic g90 fb set @ 800-600 75 Hertz
and the entire system is plugged into a Belkin surge protecter.
I do a little overclocking on my video card but I'm very careful not to go overboard.The processor is 500 MHz to 527 MHz over clocked.Thats using the ATI overdrive feature.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply.Actually the problems occured on two different monitors,both brand new.My guess is that there getting banged up a bit during shipping creating the problems.I'm pretty good with computers but this monitor prob. is killing me.I've searched everywhere online to see if I could find out any info but have come up empty.The first monitor was using an Asus ti200 geforce 3 video card and the second was using a Sapphire 9600xt video card.This one got me scratching my head.
thanks

so let me get this stright, u baught a new moniter and it had a line in the center, and then u RMAed it and got the same one and it was blury, and did u chage the viedo card in the prosses because i could be the video card

Thanks for the welcoming and the replys.The first monitor messed up using my geforce 3 card so I replaced it thinking that may be the problem.( and it was a sneaking way of upgrading.....Wife and child you know )I replaced the card with a Sapphire 9600 xt and a new monitor when the second problem occurred (blurry screen)I'm stumped but I'm sending the other monitor back and maybe try a different brand.Any suggestions on a 19'' CRT monitor,it seems Viewsonic has let me down.
Thanks once again

well i have a philips and its been runnig almost 4 years strong, im only 13 and this moniter has takin osme abuse, i accondetly stuck a megent to the screen and it turned all colers but it fixed itself, its only 17" but its plunty for me, i dont know what to tell you as far as the problem, maybe like u said its been the shiping, where are you ording from

It could be that there is a problem with your monitor cable or the vid card. I have seen this sometimes when a pin gets bent, but if you have replaced the monitor and the vid card, then I'm out of options. Just a fluke problem?

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

I don't believe the monitor is u're problem. I have to ViewSonic monitors and both have good. one is three years old and as good as new. altho the older one is larger than yours. but I am not giving an answere to your question.

I have this problem. Recently 2 pins broke on the monitor cable, so I improvised by cutting 2 strips of metal paper clip and making a connection. However, it worked fine for awhile but then the colours went all wrong. I have to buy a new one (waiting on the dough) so could anyone give me a temporary solution?

Buy a new plug and solder it on.
Or cut some cable-and-plug from an old monitor, cut the plug from your own monitor, and connect the wires. There are only 15, so it should not be too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back