Monitor Problems :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Problem:

I woke up this morning, and was checking e-mail, and websites and everything was going fine. I went to class this morning from 9 to 11 and came home, and jumped on my desktop PC, to play a few games (I'm a big World of Warcraft fan, and I play occasional Counter-Strike (for any gamers).

I was checking some webpages again, and all the sudden my screen went black. It wasn't like turned off. Just it was like the brightness was turned down to -99. I could still see if I really look hard, but I can't see the mouse that well, or any text, so I'm typing this from my laptop.

I turned off the Monitor and turned it back on. The screen is picture-perfect for about 2 seconds, then it goes black again.

I unplugged the comp, unplugged, and replugged the video card in, switched plugs that went into the monitor, and now waiting for my roomate to get home, so I can try his analog display plug (I use digital) I'm currently downloading updated drivers for my ATI radeon 9800 pro, and am going to try hard to get them installed.

Comp Specs:

Windows XP w/ service pack 2
ATI 9800 Pro Video Card
Viewsonic VC710 LCD Monitor
AMD 3200+ Processor Chip
Soltek Mainboard w/ sound and onboard ethernet.

That's preety much it.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

that sucks dude. It happened to my friend alot too. He had to either had to keep the comp off for a lil bit or jiggle the monitor cord. I suggest buying a cheap $99 one cuz thats what i have and its lasted me 3 yrs so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back