Monitor says no signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

prescott911

i came from italy bringing my computer on the plane as carry-on in a bag. it might have banged around a few times. there werent however, any times that i think caused sure damage to it. i bought a new monitor on sunday and plugged it in to my computer when it arrived yesterday, the monitor said no signal input. should i get a new video card or is there some other problem that can be fixed??

Open up the case, touch the power supply to ground yourself then remove the video card and re-seat it and restart the computer....

Honestly I don't know what else to try except to make sure all of the connections and connectors to the motherboard are secure.....

Does this have onboard video or a video card? or both? if both make sure it is connected to the right input. had a guy once spend two days trying ot get his monitor to work after installing a new video card. he was connecting it to the onboard video that he had disabled.

PAL or NTSC?

Is this the same monitor you used in Italy? Are you using a voltage converter on any of the equipment?

Remember that American monitors operate on a 60HZ NTSC signal, and your Italian vidcard could be set to use the European 50HZ PAL standard.

Mugsy said:
Is this the same monitor you used in Italy? Are you using a voltage converter on any of the equipment?

Remember that American monitors operate on a 60HZ NTSC signal, and your Italian vidcard could be set to use the European 50HZ PAL standard.

yea that sounds like it could be the problem. i have a new american monitor and my geforce is probably italian. is there a way i can change the 50HZ to 60HZ or do i just have to buy a new video card??

I don't beleive there is a way to change it in the settings. Probably going to need an American version..

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Check to make sure your psu inside your computer is on the correct voltage.

Italy uses 230 V

Whereas the USA uses 120 V.

If your psu(power supply unit) doesn`t have a switchable voltage, you will have to purchase a new psu.

Using the wrong voltage could fry your valuable components.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

howard_hopkinso said:
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Check to make sure your psu inside your computer is on the correct voltage.

Italy uses 230 V

Whereas the USA uses 120 V.

If your psu(power supply unit) doesn`t have a switchable voltage, you will have to purchase a new psu.

Using the wrong voltage could fry your valuable components.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Yea my cousin fixed it but that appeared to be the problem thanks guys. If I have any trouble I'll be back, hopefully not, thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back