Monitor scren stays blank plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.
plz help me i got a problem alsways when i start up my computer the monitor reads 'no signal' and counts down in a countdown fomr 6,5,4..... and then it does it again and it keeps donig it till i turn it off. the light from the monitor is f=green and it keeps blinkeing it was working fine before, but now it gone. plz hepl me

does your computer beep at all when it tries to boot up, can you hear it booting in the background? or do the fans just spin?

Cable/plugs OK ? Video card(if any)working and seated properly ? Try pc with another monitor.Try monitor with another pc.

That means it`s either the PSU or the motherboard.Does your mobo have an LED on it ? Is it lit up ? Do you have any spare PSUs or mobos lying around.It can be difficult to diagnose without swapping components.How old is pc ?

the pc is about a year old, yes the LED lights up, normally it just lights up goes again and then when you do something it lights again, but now it just stays still it lights it doesnt flash.
i think its the CPU or hardisk they could be fried

If there`s no beep,no fans,no nothing,try disconnecting hardware,one by one(CD/DVD/HD,NIC) Reseat/swap memory.Flat CMOS batteries have been known to cause strange things.Are there any burnt bits on mobo.If pc is still under warranty.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back