Monitor spots

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerex

Hi all, my monitor has weird soits all over. They're transparentish and are in clustered groups scattered arround.They seem to be in two rows, some in one. They're multicolored:green,blue,purple and red. I have a LCD monitor, an LG L203WTX. My guess is that it has nothing to do with the monitor, because when I put my mouse over one, the mouse is uncorrupted. Everything else is though. My gfx card temp is ~135 F. Normal temp for a grahics card-right?

135F is a little hot... This sounds like a failing video card or corrupted video drivers. Do the spots ever go away?

Well they aren't hear right now, 15 mins after boot up. I think it has something to do with the conformant texture damp setting in my Nvidia control panel. When I restarted the computer(And thus explorer.exe), they stopped. Aren't graphics cards suppose to be that hot? Or is my sensor application screwy?

Yeah that is pretty hot for your gfx card to be running, does it have any fans on it and if so are they running?

Well the spots have vanished after a reboot??? But what IS the correct temperature for a gfx card? Oh and it normally runs at 141 F according to my application.

Oops, no they arent. They appear after strenous GFX activity, even when I got the temp to 119 F deegrees average, and I got new drivers too. Anybody else having this problemwith the 8500 GT?

Oh, they're called Artifacts... I always thought artifacts would look like warps or swirks, or chunks.

If the mouse image is not interrupted moving over the "spots" it's the video card that is the cause, not the monitor

what are the gpu temps at idle? and somebody asked about its fan (if it has one and if it does, is it working)

i had one nvidia card fry itself due to the fan burning out and i didnt catch it before it was too late, it was an older card tho, FX5500. my screen looked like channel 5 after 3 am mixed in with with transparent windows xp after the fact.

anyways, i hope you get the problem fixed and try something to get that gpu temp down a few degree's.

btw, hows the airflow in your case.

GPU-Idle 111 F
GPU-Normal-118
GPU-!!!Gaming!!! -127

Processor-Always below 110 F
I have 1 rear fan, 1 front, one power, and fanless cooling for my mobo and gfx. Processor uses standard core 2 duo cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back