Monitor stays on standby

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittlemaN

So just today, i went on a game and was about to connect to a server and my computer froze. I thought it would be just a regular freeze up and held the power button in to shut my computer down. I did and started to turn it back on execpt my monitor stayed on standby. My computer was on, and the monitor was just black and blank. So i assumed it was a monitor problem but i switched monitors and the same problem. I took my Nvidia GeForce 5600XT out and put it back in securely to see if that solved it, but it didnt. Any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated, Thank you. :)

3.01 Ghz P4
2 GB Ram
128 MB GeForce 5600XT
19" Acer Flatpanel
three 80 GB HD

Defective video graphics adapter, or defective power supply rail for the video graphics adapter. The 5600XT is historically failure prone, so try it in another computer, and try a friend's video graphics adapter in your computer.

Also, failed video graphics driver, failed video adapter socket, bad cooling fan on adapter, or failed cpu fan or related component.

The card might have blown... but my mind is going extremely slowly today, and I cannot seem to recall the method(s) by which you would go about figuring out if that was the problem or not :( sorry.

There is no rocket science that applies... You enjoy a lot of trial and error, a little logic, and a lot of changing out while using another system to test... under the theory that if it works badly in one system, it should work badly in the other....

There is a great deal of hard work in any difficult repair for the super intelligent... and desperation and hard work for the rest of us.

You feel so good when you are done that it somehow almost seems worth while...

or verse vicea

RayBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back