Monitor went ....squigly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, this monitor went on the fritz a month ago and Ive had to use my backup 800x600 max resolution since, which is a complete pain! I didnt know if anyone here could make a best guess as to what the heck happened. Seems like it would be a pretty standard problem, it happened out of nowhere. I was just sitting here doing work and it went from the left picture to the right. Thanks!

goodbad1dw7.jpg

goodbad2pu5.jpg

goodbad3fk0.jpg

Again, thanks for any responses!

Additional Information:

The problem only happens on one monitor. I tried using different cables and different power cords, but no to avail. I can plug in a working monitor and it works just fine, I can unplug it and plug in the questionable monitor and I get the pictures on the right from above. Both monitors are LCD and the broken one is about 1 year old.

hey hey... umm i'm guessing since the problem is not apparent on the other monitors you connected, its a hardware issue. Test the faulty monitor on another system and see what it does. If it does the same thing, i've got a feeling its damaged somehow. Take it in see if it can be repaired or replaced.

Spyder_1386 :)

Ya, Im 95% sure its the monitor. I mean, Im using the a different monitor on the same system with the same cables and it works fine. Plus, I tried every combination of cords with the broken one, only to get the same result. It seems like it would be a common problem though, flickering horizontal lines that cover the screen...I was hoping someone might know what piece went bad because most often the cost for repair is the same as buying a new one...

hey sorry man. i'm not quite able to tell what piece died on you based on the pictures sent. probably the tube?? Whatever it is, its like you said, the repair cost is more or less equivalent to buying a new monitor. I'd get myself a new one. Sorry bud.

Spyder_1386 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back