Monitor will not turn on with BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightfly

I have changed video cards, used both AGP and PCI. I've tried different monitors. The display will still not turn on. I have cleared the BIOS. Nothing. I removed the memory to check and see if the processor was fried, but I got the beeps telling me the processor is fine. What do I try next?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Can you still use your old videocard?
If so what happens when you do.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Video Cards

Th old one (AGP) does not work. I've tried a brand new ATI (PCI) card and a different AGP card, but nothing works.

Bad Motherboard Look Like

The only thing left that it could be, besided the PSU, is the motherboard. I really doubt a bad PSU would cause only the video to stop working. Do you have any other cards in your PCI slots? Sound card, modem, NIC? Try removing them. If you could determine that they don't work as well, then you know it's a bad motherboard.

it might be ur moniter is the problem, remove the signal cord and check if it gives the no signal message!!!!????

all the best :)

It's got to be the motherboard. All of the cards work fine in my other system, as well as the harddrive. The only part I haven't eliminated is the CPU...Could the CPU cause this or should I settle on buying a new motherboard?

It might be nay one of those two trying using ur CPU in some other MB if u have access to one, this will help u find the suspect party.

nightfly said:
It's got to be the motherboard. All of the cards work fine in my other system, as well as the harddrive. The only part I haven't eliminated is the CPU...Could the CPU cause this or should I settle on buying a new motherboard?

I agree with your conclusion, that it`s the mobo that`s defective.

Regards Howard :cool:

All Three Video Cards?

compguy said:
Also couldn't the video card be fried???

Did you not read the earlier post: "Th old one (AGP) does not work. I've tried a brand new ATI (PCI) card and a different AGP card, but nothing works."

It's super unlikely that it's the video card. It's got to be the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back