Monitor won't come up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Dell Precision 330. I have been having problems with it recently. One of the ladies in the office who works on IT stuff off and on ordered a new power supply for it. I installed this power supply. now when I turn the computer on, everything is booting inside the comp, but the light on the monitor stays yellow and the screen stays black. I installed a new video card and same thing. I tried a new monitor, same thing...i tried a new vga cable, same thing. I don't know what else it could be. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Does the Dell have onboard video, or only a PCI or separate video card? Because the power supply failed, this might have damaged the motherboard too. You have done all the troubleshooting on this yourself. There's nothing more to try... Except replacing the motherboard

video problem

that's what I was afraid of. There is no onboard video. It had an agp video card and i tried a pci card cause that was my only spare...I'm thinking about getting another video card the same make and model of the one that was in there...i thought maybe that would do something...but it might just be a waste of money cause i think the mobo is toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back