Monitor wont plug and play

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a new Compaq Desktop computer and was woundering why it detects default monitor insted of the monitor i have hooked up it wont install the driver for the monitor.

Do you have the driver for your display adapter installed? Have you tried installing the monitor driver manually?

Its not really an issue, you dont have to have a certain driver for your monitor, standard windows driver will work fine.

What you do need is drivers for your onboard video or video card. If you have them installed then all should be well.

If you are asking me, I have a compaq 21 in crt monitor.
Honestly, though, all that matters is you install the correct video drivers, the monitor driver is not important, windows will pick one out and whatever one windows uses is fine.

You need the correct monitor drivers if you value your eyes and want to use the optimal refresh rate.

Nodsu, remember that Kirbiboh is talking about monitor drivers, not video drivers. These are 2 different things.
You are talking about video drivers and kirbiboh is talking about monitor drivers, although its possible that kirbiboh really means video drivers.
I have never really found out if Kirbiboh knows the difference and which drivers he is actually looking for.
But since he mentioned monitor drivers then what i said still stands, it matters not, he doesnt need the specific driver for that monitor, whatever windows assigns is fine.
He does need to install the video drivers but that is another matter, video drivers arent monitor drivers.

And you think that the refresh rate of the monitor has nothing to do with the monitor drivers?

Ok, lets put it this way, the video drivers are far more important and the video card he is using now will very likely do the job just fine as is, no need to go looking for specific monitor drivers.

If you please bother to read the first post.. Kiriboh says his monitor is detected as the Default Monitor and no, Default Monitor is not something anyone wants to see. And a monitor driver is more likely needed, since why would his new Compaq come without a proper video driver?

"If you please bother to read the first post"

No need to be rude. As stated, he only needs video card drivers or video drivers, not monitor drivers. He can likely use what msoft has found, install video drivers, then tweak as needed, colors, resolution, refresh rate, etc, as needed or desired.

Monitors are all plug and play. You don't need to install 'drivers' as such, although some come with files which contain optimal colour profiles for windows to read, but these aren't needed. Your monitor will work exactly the same, get you high color, high resolution, optimal refresh rates,etc, etc. That is the bottom line, like it or not.

Your refresh rate is the issue, change it to the appropriate one as listed on your manufacturers website. most likely it needs to be set to approximately 60.

Solved

I just reinstalled the OS and it picked it right up and installed it... but I should have manualy installed it from the driver list oh well thanks anyways guys. POST SOLVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back