Monitor wont recognize comp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK the problem i am having with my pc is that any monitor i plug into it will automatically go into powersaving mode when i turn on the monitor and computer. All monitors did not recognize the computer it was plugged into. It was working fine a few days ago. Also while on this subject anybody know of any good Anti-spyware programs? Thank you for your help.

any changes in the past few days? hard/software/environment wise?

any beeps you get from the pc when you try to start it? power ok? any other troubleshooting you've attempted?

please post system specs as well.

anti spyware: Spybot S&D (i use this), Windows BitDefender...

Your monitor obviously stems from a graphics card problem.
Swap it out with another one and then first try to boot from a bootable floppy (get the W98SE-OEM bootfile to make a floppy if you don't have one, from www.bootdisk.com, before you try Windows. If that works, boot into safe mode and uninstall your current graphics drivers, reboot, then install new drivers in normal mode.

Yeah i got it fixed and thanks for your help but it was nothing big, just a loose Video card. I completely forgot about to check the video card but now all that remains to fix is spyware or adware. Ive got Spybot and Adware Se are those good programs?

yep they're pretty good for the free stuff... gets the job done nicely :)

dont forget to read the stickies in the Security and Web subforum to realy clean out your system..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back