More ASUS Suckage

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattkorz

So, I posted a message not too long ago about ASUS mobo's generally sucking... Now I have more to add to it. My computer has randomly been crashing... I found out it was related to my USB ports. When ever anything was plugged into or removed from a USB port, it would crash (even if it was "Safely removed").

Now, they just wont even work... Whenever I plug something into the port, it just says "device not recognized." The mouse and keyborad (both usb obviously), are the ones Ive been using for a while, and I never had any problem with them. They're Microsoft brand, and should have no porblem working.... So I think its safe to say, that ASUS can go to hell.

My friend had a similar problem... his USB ports randomly did the same thing.... But fortunately for him, a reformat fixed that... I cant reformat. I have wayyyyyyyyy too much stuff to lose (over 280G of stuff... :()

Any suggestions? I've reinstalled the drivers and so far nothing worked.... Should I scrap this mobo and pray to win some money? Lol

If the drivers for the USB2 is all u need uninstall SP2 and reinstall it and u should get the drivers new with the SP2.

I already reinstalled the drivers. Im convinced its all in the hardware... Figures, Im a little less than a month past the 1 year manufactures warranty.... I'll probably just toss the damn thing out the window of the 11th story of my dorms. Lol. But yea... i guess i'll have to look into getting a new mobo... Prolly a DFI... i hear you get what you pay for.... Oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back