More BSOD's than normal... Gateway Laptop... Please help =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I have searched and searched but lately I'm getting more and more of the blue screens... I've done a full restore and to no avail... added a 512mb stick of ram... still blue screens... i can be at work all day and have the laptop on... and i RARELY get any screens... but at work i only use winamp... and occasionally internet... at home i use internet (firefox or i.e.) AIM... winamp... and i get blue screens often... I am not good at analyzing these minidump files so if someone could help i'd really appreciate it

Cody

i hope i did that right... i attached 3 minidumps per zip file... if you need anything else or need me to change the files just let me know... thanks again

i also read the sticky... i defragged and did that pagefile thing as well... i downloaded everest but didn't know what to do with it...

Hi there,

I've had a look at your minidumps

I would go through this process.

1) update your BIOS
2) update all your drivers - especially graphics, motherboard, in particular USB Host controller / chipset drivers / onboard sound etc
3) make sure windows is bang up to date with all updates
4) do a memtest on your RAM, if there are bugs replace it, if it doesnt show any bugs replace it anyway!
5) Do a full virus / spyware / malware check - although I'm certain you have hardware failure of some kind
6) If this hasn't sorted the problem out, you're looking at a processor failure, far too costly to replace - you might as well buy a new laptop

Hope all that helps

Chris
www.pcpoorly.com

i sent an e-mail to esupport.com fora bios update... i couldn't find one otherwise... i downloaded a few drivers from gateways website for now... about to head to work so hopefully i can download more if i get freetime there today... i uninstalled my bluetooth usb adapter... that's when i started getting that bugcode_usb_driver bsod... if it's the processor... i see some of the AMD Mobile Athlon 3400+ processorson ebay for $100 and less... is it hard to replace a processor in a laptop? i've worked on desktops plenty but this is my first laptop

I personally wouldn't touch a processor on a laptop

1) When you open the laptop its like a clam shell with connectors connecting the top and bottom half of boards - that pop out when you open them

2) Even if you could get a detailed manual for the Gateway it will take alot of hours, very fiddly work and alot of headbanging

But hey it depends how patient you are

now i thought i had updated every driver already... but after the posts on here i went back... updated the amd power now driver... the motherboard driver... and the video driver... and ran my laptop for 3 days straight with no blue screens... even found an old unreal video game disc and played around with it... while listening to music... and everythings good... thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back