Morrowind Quest Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rage_3K_Moiz

Okay so I've started playing Morrowind and since I don't want to keep the CD in the drive I'm using the no-cd crack. The CD is the one I got from my old MSI Ti4200 box. I'm having a problem in that after completing Caius Cosades' 2nd quest he tells me to go train and flesh out your prospects or something like that. I'm already at level 2 and I don't know what to do. I'm at Swordsman level in the Guild of Fighters but he still refuses to give me orders. I don't know if it's due to the No-CD or not. Will it be fixed if I run it from the CD? If anyone has had this problem, please help me out.

Did you talk to Hasphat in the fighter's guild? Ask him about the Nevarine and the Sixth House cult and he'll give you a quest to fetch a cube thingie in the nearby ruins.

After getting the box (and killing a lot of named dudes in the ruins), bring the cube back to Hasphat and ask him again about the Nevarine and Sixth House cult. He'll eventually give you the notes to take back to Caius.

It's not the no-cd crack, Morrowind just takes some patience when it comes to finding things out. Caius will give you another quest if you're level 4 by the way and I suppose you've already done the duwemer cube quest right? There's quite a lot to do if you join one of the noble houses. I recomend Hlalu for a fighter type (as you seem to be) Redoran is a little bit on the poor side and Telvanni is very focused on the old magic users. To join Hlalu simply travel to the north east section of Balmora (that's the mansion district) and you'll find the Hlalu council hall there. Inside the hall you can talk to a dunmer (her name eludes me) who will let you join the house and give you the first few quests. Joining a house will eventually get you your own house and will streamline some of the aspects of the main quest.
As an alternative you could join the Imperial legion. To do this go to Gnisis via silt strider. I seem to remember you can go streight there from Balmora, but if you find it's not an option, you could travel to Scyda neen and get there from there. In Gnisis you can get directions to the local commander from any of the local legionaries. The legion don't pay that well, but they do give you armor and weapons and the first quest is interesting (mind those quama soldiers).
Leveling up is a real pain in Morrowind to start with though. If you don't mind cheating, hit the tilde and type:
player->additem"gold_100" %ammount of gold you want%
this will give you some gold you can use to buy some training.
It's a good idea to improve non-character (not major or minor) skill at low levels as it gives you a stat bonus, but doesn't level you up. When you level up you get stat bonus multipliers dependent on the number of skill levels you gained in associated skills.

Hope this helps. For loads of details on morrowind it's worth checking out the elderscrolls comunity:
www.elderscrolls.com
you can find a load of stuff from the links page at above URL.

Thanks for the info Lekki_Sheep. And Sharkfood, yes I already have done that Dwemer puzzle box quest. I was talking about after getting the skull for that female in the Mages Guild. After I gave the notes she gave me to Caius, he told me to get some experience ro something and I didn't know what to do to get the next quest. Thanks both of u I appreciate it.

Hi again Rage,
Ahh, so you gave the Mage's Guild notes to Caius and he again told you to get some training, etc.etc.?

You should be able to ask Caius about being a Blades Apprentice, at which point he'll give you a couple of scrolls, then ask for a promotion. Once you've been promoted, he'll have another task for you to go Vivec and spy on some thieves.

That's the main problem. He gave me the scrolls and after this I asked him to give me new orders, which is when he told me to get training. Don't know about the promotion part though. I'll try it out and get back to u. Thanks for the help.

You're still level 2 right? Well you need to level up. To do it the usual way, you'll have to do some side quests (that is what Morrowind is all about really). To do it the cheatsie way you should really just use the gold cheat and buy training. You can level up with this I belive, but I may have got the got the syntax wrong: player->addlevel %number%
If I've got it wrong and you want to force a levelup, there's plenty of pages in the community with the list of cheats on them. I wouldn't though, it cheapens the experience.
Btw theres some really sweet mods out for Morrowind. You can get to them from the links page I mentioned in my earlier post. There's everything from new housing to improved vampirisism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back