Most Addictive Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vehementi

I wonder how many people will say Everquest...

For me it is Age of Empires 2. This is like the best game I've ever played. I'm actually still playing random map games, and occasionally on zone.com, multiplayer. I love it.
I just need to kill Henry VIII...After that I'll quit...

Now what are your thoughts?

The high heat baseball series..Very addictive.

btw, it was counterstrike for awhile but I never got better at it so I got bored of getting my butt kicked all the time.

I would have to side with svtcobra, I was addicted to all of the following, Duke, Quake, Doom, UT, Lords of the Realm, ETC. I usually play them non-stop til I am sick of them, then switch to something different, i.e. FPS's to stratagy to Racing Sims and back. I usually go full circle.

Considering hours put into the game - Quake without a doubt.

But when it comes to plain druglike addiction it must have been Baldurs Gate II & Throne of Bhaal. I played it 8-12 hours a day 7 days a week for 2 months this winter. And, no, I don't have a life. ;)

Originally posted by Demiurg
Considering hours put into the game - Quake without a doubt.

But when it comes to plain druglike addiction it must have been Baldurs Gate II & Throne of Bhaal. I played it 8-12 hours a day 7 days a week for 2 months this winter. And, no, I don't have a life. ;)

You know we just have to give credit where credit is due, you are the first person I know who has finally admitted they don't have a life. I am very proud of you Demiurg !! You are a becon for us all !! ;)

Originally posted by Mictlantecuhtli
Tetris, some of the patiences or NetHack. I can't decide ;)

Ah, Tetris. Whenever I closed my eyes I used to see coloured blocks falling in slow motion against a black backdrop. It was beautiful.

I'd have to agree with you there Mictlantecuhtli. Tetris is very addictive. I found an old gameboy in the house about two months ago and everytime I walk by I have to sit down and try to break my record.

Tekken series. I found these highly addictive 2 player games.
For multiplayer its Counter-strike as I can't stop playing and havent even tried MOH:AA online yet...
Single player is hard but Oni, MGS2, GT3, GTA3... its usually PS2 games that I get more addicted to. MOH was fairly addictive but not to the extent where I was going home from work at lunchtimes to play it like I was with some of the PS2 titles that I mentioned.

There is nothing better than playing some old school zelda and final fantasy. My roomate has these games on his old Nintendo and we can play them until the sun comes up!!!

I am the Tekken Masta!!!!!! Argh!
Okay - but I was really addicted to Doom 2 - I had over 2 gigs of map/engine editors which was a lot for that time. Oh yeah, and I'm still addicted to Tekken Tag Tournament (because I'm da masta) and Tekken 4 (not as much as TTT though).

LNCPapa

getting hooked to a game...

http://207.115.70.83/forum/read_msg.php?tid=514&forumid=ubb4

and my votes still stay with the Final Fantasy series and CM.
i could actually play these games all day without doing anything!
MOH:AA and Ghost Recon are fun, but not addictive. i could easily exit the game and walk away.
but with FF (and some other console type RPGs) and CM, there's always a bit of "ok, i'll play just a bit more" or "another 15 mins"... and, no. it's never been "15 mins". always an hour. then when the game is loading and i managed to get my eyes away from the game for a split second and saw the time, i say "another battle/match", "just till i get the next level/ability", or "another 15 mins", and... ;)

for example, during the past weekend, i felt this strange crave for playing the FF series again . so i poped up Final Fantasy Tactics and started playing it again. i started playing at about midnight of friday till 2 am (2 hrs). and i finished it this morning (wednesday) after about 1 hr of game play. and with 45 hrs of gameplay recorded in the game, that means i played for about 14 hrs for 3 days!!!! :eek:
(on Saturday and Sunday, i had only 1 meal at 10 pm from an all night convenient store :haha: )

before that, i led Feyenoord to the winner of the Champion's League for 2 straight seasons in an 8 season career (Shinji Ono - 30 goals, 24 assists. Pablo Aimar - 35 goals, 20 assists. Maxim Tsigalko - 40+ goals for 3 staright seasons :D ). playtime was about 30+ hrs. about 4 hrs/day, i think, since i still had class back then.

and no, i don't have a life either ;) (and you know what? i had a physics exam on monday :haha: )

Ah, Tetris...one of the timeless classics...I used to play it all the time as a kid. I still want to this day...
I need Tetris Worlds for PC...:rolleyes:
But I'll post more later, I have to go to bed now! Very tired...

Tetris!!! Absolutley one of the best. It will never get old. I still play it whenever one of these big beta servers goes down, and I got nothin else to do:p

All good games goomba, but do you play any PC games? :p :rolleyes:

Can't blame us, we're PC people (at least me :haha: )

The most addictive game I think is any Final Fantasy series. I mean, the storyline just keeps you playing until your done with the storyline and then just can't wait for the next one to come out. Hey, I still don't have a PS2, but, whenever I can play any Final Fantasy on my computer, I most certainly will.:grinthumb

MarioKart on SNES - I spent many hours of my life playing 2 player with a friend of mine back in 8th and 9th grade. Both battle and the actual racing.
Super Punchout on SNES
MarioKart on N64

Starcraft I found very addictive too.

i really have to agree with SNGX, Mario Kart (got to play only the SNES ver.) is very addictive. the best racing game on all platforms, IMO.

To tell you the truth, I usually play a game for a little while, then end up getting another one. And I have about 8 games on my computer at once, and never finish any of them. So now I am trying to go back and finish all of them.

But an addictive one I would have to say for me is SPADES
I know don't say it. You are taking about real games, action and stuff, but I really like cards, and that is my favorite game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back