Mosue problem on a notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartender802

I just restored my laptop I can move my mouse when the pc is loading up after everything is fully loaded the mouse just totally freezes. any ideas what it might be I have a regular mouse that is hooked up for now but when I sit on in bed that will not work. I think it is something in msconfig. Is an xp machine

What kind of laptop is it? I have an HP and theres a little button right next to the mouse pad that allows you to turn it on and off. I've had the same thing you describe happen to me and all I had to do was push that button after windows was done loading and the mouse became usable again.

Did you check for conlicts between your reg mouse and the mouse pad eg com ports ,event log etc. I found that on my Dell with a portable serial mouse.

Is an HP. will have to try that when I get home. For some reason when I first got it this happened and they had me do something can't remember what it was though bugging the crap out of me

I find that some laptops have an app that controls the mousepad. On mine it's Touch-Ed. If you think it might be msconfig, you should check to see if anything like that is being stopped from running.

was something in msconfig just guessed what it was obviously figured it had to have something with touchpad or mouse working now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back