Motherboard for new Athlon 64 4000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

josbd

I have a brand new Athlon 64 4000, and an old pc which is gently dying (2500+ Barton and AS Rock board, 512 of PC3200, a couple of random IDE hard drives, and a creative audigy2 platinum. I would like to get a new mobo in which to install the 4000, but which will also be happy to deal with as many parts of the old pc as possible until I can afford to replace bits as and when.

I am happy to add more RAM as the first option, but there seem to be a fair few 939 boards out there.

I don't game, and my main interest is sound, so overclocking is not important.

Can you chaps please suggest a board I might buy? Has to be around the £50/60 ($100/120) mark.

Thanks! :D

josbd said:
I have a brand new Athlon 64 4000, and an old pc which is gently dying (2500+ Barton and AS Rock board, 512 of PC3200, a couple of random IDE hard drives, and a creative audigy2 platinum. I would like to get a new mobo in which to install the 4000, but which will also be happy to deal with as many parts of the old pc as possible until I can afford to replace bits as and when.

I am happy to add more RAM as the first option, but there seem to be a fair few 939 boards out there.

I don't game, and my main interest is sound, so overclocking is not important.

Can you chaps please suggest a board I might buy? Has to be around the £50/60 ($100/120) mark.

Thanks! :D

I am guessing that you have a Socket 939 CPU right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back