Motherboard Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has a lot of factors that can cause issues. Can you provide a model number or a picture of the Tiny? Some P4s less than 1.7 Ghz did not have the same socket as the one on the S478... If you can find out what socket, we can provide more info. Most of the components should be fine (HDD, CDROM, etc.) An idea of the current motherboard in the system will also assist with letting us know if the new board will fit in the case. If I have time, I'll try to research and see what models came with a P4 1.5 from tiny, but if I remember correctly, they are currently out of business...

Bug

Ok Ive found out that my current board is a MICROSTAR MS-6534 and I think it has a a 478 socket, but the dimentions are slightly different:
24.4 x 24.4 (board I want to buy)
24.4 x 22.4 (board I have)
Does this matter?
Snake

Your current motherboard has MicroATX form factor. If your new mobo claims to have the same (MicroATX, not just ATX) then you are home safe. If not, then it is a matter of luck if your computer case can take a plain ATX motherboard.

Any Micro ATX form factor board should fit just fine. I recommend this one from MSI (same company as your current board)

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=865GM2-LS&class=mb

If it is allowed on these forums, I can sell you an extra one I have. I really like them. My wife uses one and we have had zero issues with it. I paid $85 for it and used it for about two months. It was an emergency temporary fix until I got my main system up and running. They go for about $70 online, so I'd be willing to go for $60 (you pay actual shipping cost).

Bug

Ok thanks a lot for the recomendation, I think I'll go with that board, but I can't buy one off you I'm afraid! :dead: (I live in England)... Just one more thing, should the components I already have inside my computer fit with that motherboard? (Except for the graphics card which will be the 9800 Pro). I'm guessing I'll probably need a new fan or something...
Thanks for all your help so far! :grinthumb

Providing you dont have more than 2 sticks of RAM in your current computer, your 100% good for go! Theres an AGP slot for your videocard, SATA for a Serial ATA hard drive if thats whta you have, IDE slots if u have an IDE hard drive (probably what you have), floppy, pci slots, your good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back