Motherboard in Seach of DDR3 + DDR2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mke

hi there.

am currently in search for new components for a "cheap" system that i can upgade month by month to top specs. My main idea is to find a good motherboard that will support some intel and:

1) FSB1333 cpu and above (thinking ahead i am:)
2) DDR2 + DDR3(1333) (i need both mem support as wont to use ddr2 now but next months upgrade to ddr3 when price comes to its sences)
3) Sata2 (minimum of 6 but prefer 8, as already have 6 disks)
4) Firewire IEEE.

5) all other gismo is bit irrelevant (though need 4 usb ports but guess every mobo has that--- although not the case with firewire as i found out....)

ok basically i need a mobo that will allow me to build upon with all latest specs components that are comming out the next months ,and unfortunately i need it now as my system has gone berzerk.

the only mobo that i found that supports both mem types of DD2 and DDR3 is the Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R, but the downside is that it doesnt support firewire at all. i know a pci card is an option but still i think firewire as a mast have.

if anyone has a recommendation i would be gratefull as i have been searching quite a bit for this mobo.

anyhow thanks

of a motherboard

hi there.

anyone knows of a motherboard that supports both DDR2 & DDR3 memory????
would be gratefull for any advice,

thanx

Gigabyte DS3's are great boards and fantastic overclockers for core 2 duo cpu's. I've built 3 so far and check out reviews if you want more info.
you want 'cheap', but you want the best? The 2 don't mix i'm afraid.
Still, you won't go wrong with a DS3, just buy a IEEE1394 (firewire) pci card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back