Motherboard not recognising the SATA harddrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiery_WA

Gday again

My new tower arrived yippeee, now I am having problems with the motherboard recognising the SATA harddrive.

I have followed the motherboards directions to the bios setup ((motherboard GA-M55SLI-S4 (rev. 1.0))

I have pulled out the sata connectors and replugged them back in (still no joy), so now I have swapped on the motherboard the actual sata connection which was on SATAII 0 over to SATA11 1.

Will this make a difference or not? I also need to recheck the slave/master settings on the new DVD Burner.

I have a broken leg at the moment, which makes it impossible for me to move the new tower from the office to kitchen, and back again.

I so badly want to use my new PC Tower, however when it comes to this SATA stuff I have no idea. IDE no problem, thats old school like me.

I have the SATA floppy ready to go once I can figure out why, the harddrive isnt being recognised, and from memory the DVD Burner wasnt being recognised either.

As I only have the use of one monitor and a broken leg, it is extremely difficult to do anything.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Yours who is NOT A BLONDE!

Susan

Please use proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.

Help I'm Confused

Nope, I have them ready to be installed, the problem is my new tower is not recognising either my DVD Burner or my new SATA Harddrive

Help I'm Confused

Dumb question, but should this new sata hd have a power connector to it?

Because if it does ....... theres no power connector attached ........ good lord i am so lost

that is the one thing that is the same with both a SATA and an IDE hard drive the each have to have power supplied by the PSU or they will not work, if it is not connected look at the wires that come from the psu and find one with the proper connection and plug it in.

Help I'm Confused

Alright have the power to the new sata hd, tried booting up into operating system, got a NVIDIA Boot Agent (blah blah) Copyright (C) 2001 NVIDIA Corporation
Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation
PXE-E61: MEDIA TEST FAILURE, CHECK CABLE
PXE-M0F: EXITING NVIDIA BOOT AGENT
Insert DVD/CD
I put in my operating system disk and it reboots and does the same thing.
I did a bit of net hunting and disabled the LAN.
Rebooted this time I didnt get that error woooo hoooooo.

This time I got Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk And Press ENTER. Waaaaaaaaaa, anyone wanna come over and fix this NEW tower for me please, I will even make you a coffee and give you a bikkie (cookie)

1. remove ALL HDD drives except for your sata drives (to include flash drives)
2. plug in your SATA data and power cables.
3. check to see your DVD/CD rom is set for master on the jumper or is cable select and the drive is at the end of the IDE cable.
4. ensure your floppy drive is connected. (if you don't have one, get one)
5. boot from the windows CD. When prompted to install drivers, select F6 - ensure your floppy disc with the sata drivers are in the floppy drive.
6. let windows install. remove the floppy disc before rebooting.

you should be fine.

Help I'm Confused

The only harddrive I have connected is the new sata hd, have double checked all plugs and power connections.
The DVD/CD is set to master.
The floppy drive is connected.
However whenever I try to boot from the operating system disk I get
Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk And Press ENTER.

Next?

THNDR143 said:
Reboot, and enter the bios (F1 F2 or Delete Key)
It appears that you dont have the boot sequence set properly.

It should be set to boot in order: First-Floppy, Second-CD-Rom, Third-Harddrive
Also (I had this same problem) Look for the Raid Settings and enable it. My SATA drive was not seen by mine too, and enabling the Raid fixed it.

The boot sequence was floppy hdd cdrom .......... my bios is recognising the harddrive.....however I never thought about enabling raid ........ mainly because the Gigabyte ((motherboard GA-M55SLI-S4 (rev. 1.0)), has said not too. And also I do not want a raid setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back