Motherboard Power Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Asus P4C800 I'm trying to install on my computer. I have my motherboard out for the power test with all the basics (video card, stick of ram, psu connected, CPU and fan). I short the power switch with a screwdriver like always, and the fans flicker like they are about to turn on and then just stop. Nothing else powers at all. The LED power light is on with the power supply. Here are some things I have already tried:

-I bought a new Power Supply just in case it needed more power. I'm running a 400w, 450wMax psu

-Tried resetting the cmos, and made sure it is in the right position

-Made sure (or at least tried to) that no other metal is touching and shorting any part of the MB

-Switched out the Video Card with another one, same result

-Used different stick of ram, same result

When I use this method to power my old motherboard, it works fine. What I can't get is that if its a dead motherboard (if thats the case) why the power would seem to start, then just die again? I would expect I would just be getting no result at all, rather than a power flicker.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!!! :)

If you have to short the power switch, you need a new case and a new motherboard. The power switch grounds a pin on the motherboard. This tells the motherboard to start up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back