Motherboard/powersupply problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

davids

I have a HP motherboard that will not work, the power turns on and the light on the motherboard is green, the fans, harddrive and CD rom work, but it goes no further, there are no beeps and nothing else loads. I assume it is either a faulty motherboard or faulty supply, However the p/supply pins are unique so I cant test another unit. Any ideas on which it is likely to be and if there is a way to test it? Also, the processor has no pins - it sinks into a bed on the board, is this common or something customary to HP? Finally, would it be possible to swap the p-supply connector to another unit?
If any one can help me out I will be very greatfull.

David
admin@shareworld.co.uk

If the cpu is a newer one(intel socket 775), it won't have pins, the motherboard will instead. If that's the case it's normal. What type of connector does the psu have? If your board is bad, then you either buy from hp(for big $$$), or get a standard board and a new psu, which may be cheaper, that is if your case can accept standard boards. I guess it could be a cpu, board, psu, etc. I guess use the process of elimination to find the culprit.

hp has been making computers since the 1960's, please be more specific about it's year of manufacture and model. hp has made a lot of differently designed crackpot machines in thus far, and i'd say the first thing to do would be to use an air can and clean all the dust out of the box before concluding. good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back