Motherboard Settings for the Asus A7N8X-X..wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, here is my problem. I am doing a MB swap with an ASUS A7N8X-X. I installed an Athlon xp 3000 and 512 mb of pc3200 PNY memory. I set the bios to recognize the Athlon (and it does so nicely) ...but when the boot routine gets to the loading of the OS (windows XP Pro) it freezes and reboots the entire system. I tried to do a clean install but during set up it also freezes and gives me a blue screen which so far has produced 2 different errors (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and BAD_POOL_HEADER) which i sorta understand has something to do with irq or dma conflicts no?

anyway, i took everything out of the computer except the HD the memory, and the video card in an attempt to lessen the number of irq #s the computer would use on boot up...same thing. then i tried disabling everything on the board in the bios (usb, serial ports, parallel port audio, lan)

still exact same thing...is it a bad board? has anyone else had this problem? im at my wits end....any advice would be greatly appreciated

Ive been having the same problem with the a7n8x just got it for christmas with a 2700+ ive troubleshooted to back and hell and done the same thing run a bare systems...only thing i hanve done is the fresh install which is what i was palnning on doing.....for me when the windows scren is going to load it does a quick blue screen and restarts...im at MY wits end also....could it be a compatibility with the mobo and hd or one of the other components? let me know so i can return this mobo and gt something else

Having almost the same problem!!!

Ok this is the situation, I just bought a brand new Athlon Proc. , 1GB (2x 512) Mushkin DDR memory, and an ABIT NF7-S2G series Motherboard. I installed everything in my case. I boot and the BIOS seems to recognize both my hard drives and both my cd/dvd rom drives. It gets to where the windows loading logo appears for about half a second and then it reboots. Not once has the logo been present for more than haf a second. I have tried changing the settings around in the BIOS from fail safe to optomized etc etc and nothing works. I read that a fill windows xp wipe/install was neccessary do the the drastic hardware changes but when I try to install windows xp from the CD I get to where it says {setup is inspecting your computers hardware configuration...} then it goes to a black screen for a few minutes and then gives me this error message

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

File\i386\biosinfo.inf could not be loaded.
The error code is 32768

Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have also noticed that the first time i booted and after I clear the CMOS I get the error "CMOS checksum error - Defaults loaded" note it only does this the first time after the CMOS is cleared.

I have also flashed the BIOS successfully with the latest BIOS version for my board. Following the instructions on your website perfectly and the problem has not changed.

As you can imagine I am more than frustrated and would greatly appreciate any help!!!!! Thanks A lot!

Well I figured it out,

The error message when trying to install XP was because the cd was bad, and after that I knew exactly how to fix the boot problem, a full HD format and OS installl. That did the trick. :)

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL I have seen this more than once during my lapidarian relationship with this motherboard. I bought my first a7n8x rev1.04 almost three years ago. The bios didn't recognize the 2500+ CPU so I attempted to flash the bios and it crashed in the middle of the process. I sent it back and received another rev 1.04 that worked (sometimes) for a few months with intermittent error messages during start up until one day it just wouldn't boot anymore. My third board was a rev 2.0 and has worked great for over a year until it recently stopped recognizing half of my ram. Have you looked on Asus site for compatible memory? Is PNY listed? The fact that I have read too many times that a7n8x is picky coupled with my misfortune when using OCZ (not on the list) ram leads me to believe incompatible memory may be responsible for my troubles and perhaps yours too. I am having a hard time accepting this as my computer worked just fine for over a year then started acting up.
Good luck to you.

Hey ive had similar problems with my motherboard. I tried everything and i ended up messing up my other computer. The problem that i have is that when the computer is turned on, it doesnt detct a cdrom drive. I dont know if this is due to the bios or something else.

ive had problems with my motherboard too! the computer wont detect the cd drive when it boots up which basically means i cant boot up from cdrom. Anyone got any suggestions? I have connected it every concievable way through primary and secondary ide cables but no luck! Im not sure if it could be my bios or hardware. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back