Motherboard to Sony Vaio VGN-S3XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to know what motherboard the Sony Vaio VGN-S3XP has and the clockchipset. I have installed SpeedFan to try to control the fan in a better way. The noise of the fan is annoying!!

Michael

sony vaios are oem boxes designed to make sony as much of a profit as possible, not to make them better computers. consequently, you arent going to control any fans without opening the box and rigging up a homebuilt control system. such action would void any warranty the unit may have had, by the way.

True, but....

Using SpeedFan you can alter the fan speed, thus theoretically changing the frequency of the fan and changing the noise level. Therefor I need the manufacturer of the motherboard to get the right variables set

Michael

Download and run Everest Home Edition.

This little program will tell you anything and everything you want to know about your computer.

If it doesn't work, you'll have to open up your tower and find the brand and model number of your board.

Using SpeedFan you can alter the fan speed
many oem owners have tried this, but sadly thier attempts failed. if you can get it to work, good for you. but it's far from likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back