Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetringuyen

Hi everyone,
I am looking to build a new computer myself but my knowledge about comp is very limited. So i thought it would be best to ask everyone in here since ya know lot about comp. I went look around and see a lot of kinds of motherboard with bunch of detail/ feature which i dunno what they really meant. Do anyone mind to explain me what should i look for when i go shop for a motherboard and what all the feature really meant? I am greatly appreciate any help. Thx very much.

What are your intentions in building a new system? Office product usage? Gaming?

How much money do you have to spend on a motherboard, or how much do you intend on spending? Without this information, we can't really point you in any direction whatsoever.

I'm sorry about that:p I'm still planning so I havent really decide how much to spend on it, but I think of a sort of good performance with reasonable money cuz im not really rich. About the system, i do a lot of design works like with photoshop stuff and gaming . Thx for helping :p

You aren't going to be able to learn everything you should in a single forum thread. You'll need to do some research on your own, there are lots of threads in the forums that could be of some help, and countless guides online and here at Techspot.

Things you absolutely have to know before buying a motherboard:
*Compatable CPUs and socket
*RAM slots and supported speeds
*Physical size and form factor (ATX, Mini-ATX, Micro-ATX, BTX)
*Onboard video or PCI, PCIe, AGP

You should build your system around your motherboard, not your motherboard around your system. But in order to do that you are going to need to know roughly what type of performance you want. That is where research comes in, see what components people are testing and what games and framerates they are getting.

yeah, i been searching around but most of term that i dunno wut they really meant. :p I been reading lot of thread as well and most people here talking to each other with terminology n stuff, u know i dun really understand :D Like ATX, Mini- ATX, Micro-ATX..etc.. wut they really are and wut their role within the system..
thx for ur advice, really appreciate it. i will try to do somemore research. :p

eMachines is a low cost brand PC. Their quality is uneven at best. I wouldn't recommend one. Besides, you want to build your own anyway.

if ima get this chip Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Dual Core Processor
(1.86 GHz, 2MB, 1066 MHz FSB, Socket LGA775 - MPN: BX80557E6300) then what motherboard should i buy to compatibly with that? And what should i look for to see if they are compatibly with each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back