CPU: AMD Athlon 700Mhz
Hard Drive: 80GB Western Digital
Ram: 640MB SDram
Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce2 MX 100/200
Sound card: Sound Blaster Live
Power Supply: 250W DC Output, AC 15/230 V
Operating System:
Win XP Home Edition. SP 1

We have had a problem with our Logitech Cordless Keyboard and Mouse. This is what happened a few months back, I was typing an Instant Message to someone and the next thing happened was the keyboard froze and letters were being typed by themselves. ( I know it sounds weird) then the computer opened in Windows Media Player and Outlook Express would open also. I checked the computer for spyware, and viruses, there were none.

I ended up formatting the Hard drive and the same thing happened. So we bought a new Cordless Logitech Keyboard and Mouse. Since I installed the software for the keybord and mouse the computer has been freezing up in chatrooms, the mouse has been freezing up when we try to play computer games. The mouse freezes up when you are using it. The computer needs to be restarted when the mouse freezes up, sometimes you can press the connect button on the infra red controller and it will go back to normal.

What could be the problem? I have tried the new keyboard and mouse on a laptop there are no freezes at all, so I am thinking it has to be this computer.
Before all this happened playing games on this computer was not a problem. :mad: :(

have an "expert" check your mobo, may be a problem with the mouse and keyboard connection soldering. not sure what else it would be

RE: Keyboard and Mouse Prob

Hi Ovn.you,
Thankyou for replying, I will check the connection a bit later. I took off the side of the computer case and the computer is dusty inside, so I will clean the inside later. We will get the connection checked when we can as we live a few hours from the closest computer technican.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back