Mouse does not work with 25' cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
moved my tower to another room for recording. i have 25' cable extensions on monitor, keyboard, mouse.

everything else toslink, s/pdif, xlr, esa/ebu.

everything works fine except the mouse. tried switching with keyboard (both ps/2), no luck. my spare trackball does not work either.

does anybody have any scoop? is an active cable needed?

thank you for the help.
tony m

Well, IEEE 1394 (FireWire) loses its signal after 4 1/2 meters of cable, and the same is probably true with PS/2, although not so much of a drastically short length.

Originally posted by Vehementi
Well, IEEE 1394 (FireWire) loses its signal after 4 1/2 meters of cable, and the same is probably true with PS/2, although not so much of a drastically short length.
I thought the same, but why would you be able to purchase a 25' cable if it wasn't going to work. And his keyboard is PS/2 as well and it works.

It could be that a mouse actually sends messages to the CPU, but the CPU actually scans the keyboard to see if any buttons are pressed. The difference in this may be the problem.

dont know if this is an option but what about usb? any faster or longer reach? if so a usb mouse would be a solution if yer willing to pay for another mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back