Mouse doesn't work until I reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys! I just had to replace my motherboard and after many problems am finally up and running. However there is still one annoying problem that I cant seem to fix. When I turn my computer on for the first time in the day my optical mouse is locked up. I have to restart and then it works fine. I have tried other mouses and they seem to do the same thing. Would anyone know off hand what is going on? My mouse drivers are all up to date. At the moment I am useing a IntelliMouse Optical USB and PS/2 Compatible mouse and Windows XP. Thanks in advance!

Kyle

Check the motherboards bios and make sure the mouse and USB ports are properly set. A CMOS reset might do this for you

Sorry in advance but I'm not totally clear on what you mean. When you say my ports may be wrong are you talking about the pin setup on the motherboard USB Headers? Also I'm not sure exactly how to do a CMOS reset.

You replaced the motherboard so you must have a manual that came with it right?

I'm talking about USB settings in the motherboards bios. The manual will tell you what the bios settings are, and what the default settings should be. A CMOS reset should be covered in the manual too. Something like "load bios defaults" might do the trick for you. Start reading :)

You're welcome Kyle,
let us know how this turns out. Are you running the Microsoft Intellimouse software?

philippe_nguyen,
This thread is over a year old. Have you tried a CMOS reset or checked the USB settings in the bios? You may want to start a new thread including some details like your hardware configuration and what OS (Operating System) you are running

i didn't perform a cmos reset. all the settings in my bios is correct.
i have made a new thread, could you check it for me please?

techspot topic113449

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back