Mouse dont go no more

Status
Not open for further replies.

nissanman

I have a computer with a Jetway 620BF Motherboard. The computer seems to have a bit of a problem. Everytime i installed a new peice of hardware in my computer such as a modem or ram the mouse pointer on the screen would not move so i had to take the hardware out and muck around with the motherboard abit and eventually it would work again. I recently added a second hard drive to my computer and found that when i turned on the computer the mouse would not move. So i turned the computer off, took the second hard drive out and turned it back on. The mouse pointer still didnt move and it never did again. No mater what i do with the computer now the mouse pointer does not move at all. I tried connecting a serial mouse to the computer but that didnt work neither.

Any ideas on what might be wrong? The computer is running Windows XP Home SP1.

Did you give the system some time to wait? Usually... almost always for me... the mouse doesn't work if something new has been installed into the system. Just turn it on and wait a few minuted and it should work again.

Do you have the correct mouse drivers, by any chance? Probably not the issue, but it never hurts to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back