Mouse is on while comp is off!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan Svabo

I bolive many ppl have this problem but i havent read any solution for it.
I've bought Epox RDA3+ and USB with PS2 adapter Logitech B69 mouse. Now, when I turn comp power off, mouse is still on.
PPL say that I should turn "turn on by mouse/keyboard" function in BIOS off, but i have it on "turn by pwrbtn" so thats not it!
Any solution to turn the mouse off when comp is off?

Do you have the latest BIOS? I had an 8K5A2 that did the same thing and there was a BIOS update that I installed and it fixed it. Go to Epox's website and see if there is a BIOS version newer than yours.

Oh no! MB is so new, i dont want to risk a bios update cause of mouse! Is there nothing else i can do? Does same think happen when the mouse is in usb port? (havent do that cause i dont have drivers for usb??)

Ivan, I wouldn't risk it either hehe, but then again I've never done a bios update and don't plan on it until I have a pretty large problem or have a motherboard that I can experiment with.

I checked Epox's website and there is no BIOS update for your board. You should try it on USB. The only drivers you should need for your USB is for the ports themselves which should have come on your motherboard installation cd. I have a logitec USB mouse too and the bundled drivers for it work on the PS2 and USB ports. I wouldnt doubt that Epox is working on an update to fix that since they did the same for my old board. Updating BIOS is not difficult at all, Epox gives very detailed instructions on how to do it safely. Ive updated every motherboard Ive ever owned, my Soyo Dragon+ board ive updated the BIOS 5 times(whole other story :blackeye: ) and havent had a problem.

I wouldn't worry about it, as your mouse will not wear out. If the glow is annoying you, then turn your comp off at the supply until you find a better solution.

Is your comp really OFF - what happens when you move the mouse?

Mouse acts like comp is on, lights stronger when i move him (while comp is off).
I'm not afraid of BIOS upgrade procedure, i'm afraid of other factors in that upgrade, like example floppy (alt+F2 procedure).
I've done that kind of BIOS flash on my epox 8kta3l with unreliable floppy. When it started flashing my whole life pass before my eyes! Altrough it went fine I've decidet not to do it ever again.
Well, power off for now is soultion for me. BIOS awaits some other major upgrade.

About USB drivers, I tought it will be on MB drivers CD. And theres just document how to install them by "windows update"(?!), no drivers! So my usb controller is under yellow "?". Stupid windows!
Tryed to upade drivers fom default windows drivers database. No drivers...
FOUND SOLUTION: At nvidia site says: "u should install service pack 1. if u dont, result may be disfunction of USB "
Once again: stupid windows! have to reinstall them now...

And about drivers for Logitech B69. It is (with Logitech drivers) recodnized as "logitech wheel mouse". Now, i've noticed that when i copy stuff from cd my mouse become slow. Why's that?

the only good BIOS flash I ever had was on a system that I flashed Before I installed anything else on it. Fresh formatted HD and components.. that was it. Did it problem free :D

The mouse thing shouldn't be a problem unless he's in your bedroom like mine is. I cover him nightly to keep me from seeing red fairies during the wee hours of the morning, because I never turn off my machine.

The other option is to mod your mouse so if he's on at least he'll look cool! checck this one out.

http://metku.net/cryo/

Nvidia says USB is not supported in their unified driver packs and that you have to go to your motherboard manufacturers website to get the correct drivers. Since the Epox's US website doesn't work for me I went to the Epox Europe and found this page Other Drivers I believe the drivers you need for your USB are on this page.

Many thanks for help!
Ive reinstall windows and USB is working now fine, so my mouse is on usb port. Works without problem.
Thanks for drivers once again (who would thought that they would be on europe site and no on US...)

Usually the optical mouses stay on, at least the wireless ones. They burn down battery power very frequently. I usually have to change batteries 3 times a week. If I take the batteries out for the night, then I have to config my mouse again.

I'm going for the logitech MX700, it has a charging stand :)

I've got a Logitec cordless optical mouse and keyboard, not sure the model, but I think it's MX400. I'm on it at least 16 hours a day, a lot of it playing games. I get about two weeks on the mouse,(two AA batteries), and so far I'm on my third set of batteries on the keyboard in six months. I've thought about the MX700 though, it looks pretty good.

I'm sorry, I messed up on my post. It's changing batteries every 3 weeks, not the other way around lol sorry.

Hey XtR-X, right above the buttons "new thread" & "post reply" theres 2 more mini buttons, one of which is "edit".

Use it!

XtR-X i love the pic in your sig, I laugh everytime I see it.

Get an mx300 if you're going to get a new mouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back