Mouse Problems in Mandrake

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryejay98

Ok, just installed the latest and greatest Mandrake ... version 8.2 ... and I'm having the same issue as before.

In the install, I choose a generic ps2 wheel mouse ... and the mouse works great during the install. Actually using it in KDE/GNOME however, is another story.

I'll run through an example.

1) Boot the computer into Linux (X autostarts)
2) No mouse capabilities
3) Use keyboard navigation to login to my account.
4) Immediately log out of account
5) Back at the X login screen and the mouse works wonderfully.

Whats up with that?

I've got a Compaq 5400US with a USB keyboard and a ps/2 mouse (compaq brand).

Mouse is using interupt 12 according to control center.

HELP!!!!!

try changing mouse protocol.

press windows key in KDE to open menu, select terminal window

type

setuptool

select mouse configuration with the keys, then select another mouse type (i.e. another PS2 type....)

then shut X windows down and restart it again. eventually you will hit on a setting that your mouse and X likes....

Tried that ... still the same issue. I even chose the mouse that worked for me in RedHat 7.2 ... no such luck.

Its not a major issue as I can work around it thru the method mentioned (log in, log out, log back in) but ... its just boggling my mind :)

Oy ... a new little twist.

If I set Mandrake to autolog into something like KDE, the computer boots, starts linux, starts KDE and the mouse does wonders. If I then proceed to log out and try to log into another accoutn, *POOF* the mouse once again breaks.

Grr :)

I'm having the same issue, but with Mandrake 10.0

My mouse works for a couple minutes, then freezes, then eventually unfreezes after about a mniute or so. I'm 30 new to Linux so I want to know hown to fix this issue so I can move on.. PLease help.

EX Windows Pro user..sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back