Mouse Randomly Double Clicks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith22

My mouse has just started acting up on me.. It is about a year old, maybe less actually and its a Razer Diamondback 1600DPI. Today it has randomly started to double click things and it is driving me absolutely crazy.. Only the left mouse button does it, not the right click and its random, not every click is a double click but it does it 1/4 times. I have not changed any software or anything like that lately, this basically has just came out of nowhere. I uninstalled and re-installed the drivers for the mouse and have came up with nothing.. it still does it. Does anybody have any idea whats going on?

is your mouse USB or PS2?! are you able to switch ports to find out if the problem still occurs... maybe some kind of clash.

Or have you an older mouse to try to determine where its a software issue or a physical mouse issue.

You did download the lates drivers from the internet, right?

Try the mouse on another computer to see if the problem is with the mouse or the machine?

does it happen all the time? or happens for many times in an hour then not for a long time and then again?
maybe you should check for a Trojan infection.

dude, try to open it with precision tools and check if there are dirt stuck on the contact button. Or if you want you, try spraying contact cleaners to it.

Okay boys thanks for all the help. I restarted the computer once and it made no difference, but apparently TWICE is the magic touch :S .... seems fine now. Thanks for the help again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back