Mouse Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the Kensington StudioMouse Graphite Optical Mouse, i chose this particular mouse because I do graphic art and photo editing as my hobby. I have had this particuar mouse for about a year now, though from the start it has been glitchy.The reason I am posting is to be sure this glitchiness is indeed the mouse and not something caused by my system.This will help me decide wether i should buy a new mouse.

System:
Windows XP pro version 2002 service pack 2

Computer
AMD Athlon XP 2000+ 1.67GHz 512MB Ram

C drive used space 7.04 GB ,Free space 12.1GB

Whats happening:
When im in the middle of using this mouse it may suddenly Freeze up , you hear the sound that says the USB device isnt recognized and then you soon hear the sound for new hardware found and the mouse works again, over time online this will become more frequent with the amount of time frozen out weighing the amount of time using it, it will get to a point where i have to unplug at the USB port wait a second and then plug back in.....sometimes even this will not unfreeze my mouse and will cause me to have to ctrl alt del for the task manager to get a reboot . It does not matter which USB port I plug this in it will still do the same, none of my other USB devices act this way , so Im wondering if it is the mouse itself, though this is a very good mouse and very well made....maybe I was lucky enough to get a bad one, LOL ! Any ideas for me before I have to go pay for yet another mouse??? Kind Regards DezertBLU

Well, try with another mouse first. You don't have to buy some expensive one - a simple $5 USB rodent will do.

More things to do: update the system BIOS, update the motherboard drivers to their latest version. Update the mouse software (I'm sure such an exclusive thing came with some) to the latest version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back