Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, and thanks for your time reading this.
I bought a new usb/ps-2 mouse. I have Windows Xp sp2 and the pc is Pentium dual core.
The mouse worked fine until it stopped working, it hang in the middle of the screen and only moves horizontally. I turned off the pc and turned it on but nothing.

After reading all forums, questions, answers, possible solutions, uninstall drivers, xp detected all usb drivers and so on, nothing.

But, I plug the cordless mouse I had before and it works great. In fact, I plugged another mouse (real cheap) and it works too.
The mentioned mouse is not broken. Last night I tried once more and it worked for let's say....2 minutes. Then it froze again.

I plugged this mouse in all usb ports, I think I have done everything I had to, just following instructions in different pages, but nothing.
No malware, viruses or spyware.

anyone out there with knowledge to fix this issue?
is it necessary to post a hijack?
thanks again

Robert

hi there thanks for asnwering......and yes, I did. It works...I am really lost with this thing, could it be something related to graphics?? but again, it is weird since other mices work ok.

dont' want to give up, but really no more ideas on it

Hm... that is a strange problem then... I'm not sure, but it might be that the computer you are trying to use it on, has some conflicting drivers. Did you ever have to install any drivers/software to use any older mouse on that computer before? If so you should uninstall them if possible and then try again. If the mouse works with other computers it's probably not a hardware problem and a software related. If your convinced its a software problem, and you cant find the source of it you can try to reformat your computer and than try again - although thats a pretty drastic measure.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

This is probably not the cause of your problem, but it might be worth a try.

Change the mouse batteries.

Also try changing the location of the receiver.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

hi everybody

thanks for the advice. Actually the evil mouse is not wireless, therefore no batteries.

I simply don't know what this problem is related to. I am using another mouse, cordless with batteries and it works perfect....but the other one...no way, I even thought it could be something related to mouse buttons blocking something...(when you try everything "you" know and nothing works you start to hallucinate).

As for re format, hummm...I will not do that since the pc works perfect. It is JUST this mouse issue. I don't want to bother you anymore, but I am curious and I want to know WHY such a simple thing can't work out fine.

I have tried out all usb ports....nothing. Until last Monday it worked perfect. Then it stopped. After 2 days it worked for let's say 2 minutes and froze.

boring isn't it? What really takes my attention is the amount of people in the net just asking about mouse problems!!! I never thought this little things could cause such a headache!!

thanks again and greetings from Spain.

Sorry, my mistake. I saw the cordless mouse bit in your fist post and immediately got my wires crossed DOH!.

I really have no explanation for your problem, other than a faulty mouse or mouse cable.

Regards Howard :)

Sound like one of those things that isn't going to make sense. The fix is to use one of the others and possibly use your new one on a different project.

well...let's have a wonderful life and i promise I will come back whenever and post the news, if any.

Thanks so much to all of you for answering.

Very glad to hear that your mouse is ok now, and this give us some clue in case we encounter such problem in the future.

hi there Joytime.....I apologise for my english maybe I was not clear.

What I was trying to say in the previous post is I don´t have a single clue on what might be causing the problem, but I will keep testing from time to time to see if I get to know the cause of the failure.
In the meantime, I am using another cordless mouse, which works perfect so far.

I will share the solution if I find it.

Best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back