Mousepad Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperCheetah

This is quite an interesting mod. Although quite pointless, it does look very cool.

By Macroman
March 31, 2002
http://www.bit-tech.net/article/75/

It was a cold rainy Sunday and I had been stuck indoors testing mice for a review I was working on. Testing involved seeing how each mouse performed on different surfaces. I had plastic ones, cloth ones, shiny ones, dull ones, hard ones, soft...you get the idea. Then the thought struck me, "why not make my own ?". I had been working on my own mouse mat design for some time and now I was in the mood to actually make it.

Now just because I was making my own, I did not want to compromise on performance, after all what is the point of spending all that time and effort and ending up with something you don't actually want to use? I had spent a considerable time testing various materials and surfaces and had decided on a final design that used several layers of different materials to obtain the effect I wanted. In fact, a" mouse mat sandwich" if you will!

The final product looks unbelievably good IMO.

Same here LNCPapa. As pointless as it is I really like the design. It really would be a really cool little mod to have. :)

OMG :eek: ....it looks REALLY cool. :grinthumb
would like to have one...

but .....

i never use mouse pad since my first intellimouse explorer.
my black wooden keyboard tray works better than any mouse pad i've used, even the ratzpad.

Well I just have 4 words....Way too much time....but those are very cool. I like the Wolfenstein one. If he could mass produce them, he would make a bundle.

Hey Super, put that on our next board meeting agenda, mabee we can offer him like $50 for the rights and WE make the bundle...kinda like one billionare we all know and love.... (is there an icon for smirk ??):rolleyes: :suspiciou

Originally posted by boeingfixer
Well I just have 4 words....Way too much time....but those are very cool.

I hear you boeing. That is a really cool mod, but your right, way too much time on his hands. Still I agree that he could sell alot of them if they were customizable and mass produced.

Thanks for posting the above, it certainly is a relevant PC mod I guess, however my personal option is, when is all of this gonna stop? Hoe many flashing lights do people actually need? Even some of the case mods I have seen are just going way over the top..... Now we are onto mice and even mouse pads....

Originally posted by Phantasm66
Thanks for posting the above, it certainly is a relevant PC mod I guess, however my personal option is, when is all of this gonna stop? Hoe many flashing lights do people actually need? Even some of the case mods I have seen are just going way over the top..... Now we are onto mice and even mouse pads....

I agree with you Phantasm66. I saw the mouse fan mod and thought it was the most pointless computer mod I've ever seen. I mean, who can really need a fan for their mouse? It not like those things get so hot that you can't handle them.

I personally don't have any LED's on my rig yet, although I would like a window and a blue LED light. And this mouse pad looks really cool so it would be nice to look at although not especially useful in any way. Other than that I really can't think of a need for any other LED's like for power buttons and whatnot unless I had way to much time and money to blow.

Originally posted by SleeperDC
OMG :eek: ....it looks REALLY cool. :grinthumb
would like to have one...

but .....

i never use mouse pad since my first intellimouse explorer.
my black wooden keyboard tray works better than any mouse pad i've used, even the ratzpad.

I tend to think this pad would interfere with the optical sensor anyway. I know that mine goes Postal if I use it on a glossy surface, just imagine what those LEDs would do to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back