Mouseware and Nyko incompatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow tech dudes. I wasn't sure where to post this, since it has to do with software and hardware, so I put it here. This is a mouse post.

Ok, here's my dilema:

I've been happily using Mouseware for a year or two now with my Dual Optical (sweet mouse, by the way :unch: ). I just recently got a Nyko Airflow Mouse. It said I didn't need any drivers, so I plugged it in (it is USB too). Both the dual optical and Nyko were connected at the same time. It works, but mouseware will not find it! This means that I cannot change the sensitivity on it either, so I might as well just throw out the Nyko. Being able to set the sensitivity is very important to me.

I got rid of mouseware altogether, and then rediscovered the *wonderful* rough, stair-walking movement of the default XP mouse driver. YUCK! :suspiciou I never noticed it before. It skips over so many pixels, I don't think I could ever get another headshot. Yuck.

After mouseware was gone, I could set the sensitivity on the mouse device, but like I said, anything higher than the middle tick gets ugly and rough movement (seems almost like a 400dpi mouse). I couldn't live with this, so its back with mouseware.

I'm wondering if I could give the Nyko another mouse driver that mouseware will *like*? or am I doomed to rid mouseware? Is there an alternative driver to the rough, stair-walking movement of the default XP mouse driver?

How does anybody play PC games with the staggering default XP mouse driver?

Anyway, I have searched all over the net and got nowhere. any help is appreciated. Thanks and good night.

-Diehard90

Isn't mouseware only for Logitech mice? If so then obviously it is unlikely to work with other manufacturers mice.

Mouseware actually works with several mice. It automatically detects my $5.00 PS/2 mouse fine. So why doesn't it like my Nyko? Aggh! :dead:

It drives me crazy to think I will have to get used to the innacuraccy of the default XP drivers. I am used to being able to select individual pixels. The default XP drivers don't allow me to do that; they skip over about 4-6 pixels at a time. The default HID-compliant mouse driver is so innacurate and rough it makes me woosy. It is a shame there doesn't seem to be a viable alternative to mouseware.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what I'll do yet.

Ok, thanks, I'll give Intellipoint a shot. *no pun intended*. So what about the Logitech MX-1000? I've read some about it, but I haven't tried it first hand. Have you tried it out? Is it accurate?

Nyko mouse

Hi. I was wondering where I can actually buy one of those mice for a programmer friend of mine who has problems with sweaty palms. I tried online and it won't accept Laser, even though it says 'Maestro' on it, as it has no issue date on the card.

Apparently, I can only use Laser on Irish sites. I have no objection to physically walking into a shop and paying hard cash for it, but I have no idea who would stock it. Any ideas? :grinthumb

I (and he) would be very grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back