Move desktop icons to tray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice

Can you help, when I had my new PC set up for me, I wanted to duplicate some desktop icons to the tray, but when he tried, they wouldn't stay, & he said it was the way the supplier had set it up in the workshop, curious, because it was possible with my laptop.

Right-click on the tray (taskbar) and deselect "Lock the Taskbar". When finished with that, right-click on the icon in question and drag it to the tasbar.

After you unlocked the taskbar, did you find the little seperator line on the left and drag it right to expose draggable (word?) area?

are you talking about Quicklaunch? If so, just right click the taskbar, go to toolbars, and click Quicklaunch(if it is not checked already) You should then see at least a few new icons appear on your taskbar, now you can drag+drop new ones on it as you wish.

Originally posted by StormBringer
are you talking about Quicklaunch? If so, just right click the taskbar, go to toolbars, and click Quicklaunch(if it is not checked already) You should then see at least a few new icons appear on your taskbar, now you can drag+drop new ones on it as you wish.

My bad.....I did forget that step. Sheesh! Sorry Maurice. :eek:

Don't apologise, Masque, have now got there, went to taskbar properties, & ticked Quckstart, then all was plain sailing!

Thank you, & Stormbringer,

Maurice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back