Movie: Britney Spear's Crossroads ?

lokem

Ne1 watched Britney's movie Crossroads?

Just wondering how it compares to Mariah Carey's Glitter ;) And how's Britney's acting? ;)

Tie me to a chair and sellotape my eyelids open...

Thats the only way I could be made to watch that when it reaches the UK. I've seen a couple of interviews with her and that was enough for me. Fine she has a reasonable voice and is a nubile young woman but aside from that she comes over as being in the same mentally deficient percentage of the celebrity world as David Beckham of Manchester United and his "Posh" wife.

Re: Tie me to a chair and sellotape my eyelids open...

Originally posted by Arris
Thats the only way I could be made to watch that when it reaches the UK. I've seen a couple of interviews with her and that was enough for me. Fine she has a reasonable voice and is a nubile young woman but aside from that she comes over as being in the same mentally deficient percentage of the celebrity world as David Beckham of Manchester United and his "Posh" wife.

Ouch ;) Was hoping for some less destructive comments :D Heheh... Umm... You didn't say what's the only what that can make you watch it when it reaches UK :)

post subject : Tie me to a chair and sellotape my eyelids open... :haha:
I'm sure its not that bad, just not my taste :rolleyes:

post subject : Tie me to a chair and sellotape my eyelids open... :haha:
I'm sure its not that bad, just not my taste :rolleyes:

Doh! Sorry for that! :) Just saw the "trailer" for that show a few days back. From waht I can tell, she smiles too much :D

Originally posted by lokem
From waht I can tell, she smiles too much :D

I hope she just remembers not to let the smiling get in the way of her oscar winning acting abilities :p :rolleyes:

Re: Tie me to a chair and sellotape my eyelids open...

I could not agree more. Provided she wears that red outfit (i.e. "Oops I did it again") I might be convinced to watch it, but only with the sound down....;)

Originally posted by uncleel

Clockwork Orange?

Chocolate Orange (Terry's)?

chocolateorange_oranges.gif

Its a close call to what would be a worse fate.... Britney's acting or ......

Chocolate Orange (Terry's)?

chocolateorange_oranges.gif

Its a close call to what would be a worse fate.... Britney's acting or ......

Uhh.... What's so bad about that Choc Orange?

Well I was meaning the original post by Uncleel... Clockwork Orange ;)
Sorry I am being a bit silly today :giddy:

Re: Re: Tie me to a chair and sellotape my eyelids open...

Originally posted by Phantasm66
Provided she wears that red outfit (i.e. "Oops I did it again") I might be convinced to watch it, but only with the sound down....;)
hehe. i prefer the pepsi cola commercial though... ;)

Re: "Slave to you"

Only good thing about her existence...

I think she meant slave to the song in that song ;) Heheh...

Gotta agree with Phantasm66, the red outfit rocks :D

Stanley Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange

Well I was meaning the original post by Uncleel... Clockwork Orange
http://www.filmsite.org/cloc.html
A Clockwork Orange (1971) is producer/director/screenwriter Stanley Kubrick's randomly ultra-violent, over-indulgent, graphic film of the near future - a terrifying, gaudy film adaptation of Anthony Burgess' 1962 satiric novel of the same name.

...transported to a screening room where he is tied down in a seat and made a captive audience. Alex is forced to watch films with his eyelids clamped open...

You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor...

I think I'd far rather watch "A Clockwork Orange" than watch Brittney....

Re: You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor...

Originally posted by Phantasm66
than watch Brittney....
or hear Brittney....... Oh Babee.... Babeee........ Oops I did it again......

p.s. Glitter, the movie & sound track both BOMBED!

Truely, they are talented. It's just the way the music industry tries to package them. They're all the same act.
Britney
Christina
Mariah
J-Lo
Pink

Mariah Carey (with a five octave range) was taught by her mother, a trained vocal coach and opera singer. What is she doing now?

Much was made of the fight w/ record managers trying to turn Pat Benatar (also trained in opera) into a sex symbol. She even threatened to sue.

Linda Ronstadt said she didn't know "how" to sing & breathe correctly till she learned from Nelson Riddle, and his orchestra.
Quote: "I like the stuff I did with Nelson Riddle better than anything I've ever done. My entire life, the accumulation of all my experience as a person, went into the work with Nelson." Later she sang opera in " ThePirates of Penzance" on Broadway.

So all that talent is going to waste in the same clone formula of repitious stupidity.

So all that talent is going to waste in the same clone formula of repitious stupidity.

I think it's survival for them. They think that they can't survive on singing alone. Diversify :D

Re: Re: Re: Tie me to a chair and sellotape my eyelids open...

Originally posted by Ai Hate

hehe. i prefer the pepsi cola commercial though... ;)

Oh man...which one?! There were like 4 ( over here in America at least... )

One thing I don't like is that this movie is it's probably relying on the fact that hey, BRITNEY SPEARS IS IN THIS MOVIE! And not a great storyline and good acting. Although I wouldn't put down the idea of a few friends go off on their own and do stuff, it's just not my deal, but what gets me with this is this teen icon fronting the entire movie, it's all going to be concentrated on her not the movie. I'd watch it maybe if I was bored enough, and just needed a laugh ( Is the movie funny, at all? ).
It's not really aimed for the people in my audience category anyway...

Whenever a singer crosses path to be an actor, their first show surely will not be that good... Perhaps this is even more evident in Britney's case ;)

BTW, anyone heard Kate Winslet's new song What If? It's pretty good IMO :)

Originally posted by lokem
Whenever a singer crosses path to be an actor....
& Madonna's excuse? She can't act! Even pairing her w/ William Dafoe in a drama bombed terribly.

This is all about marketing. The last thing the record companies want is to loose their golden goose to the movie industry.

This is all about marketing. The last thing the record companies want is to loose their golden goose to the movie industry.

More like SELF marketing :D

Back