Movie volumes low

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattkorz

So, I have an older ASUS K8n board, which is still running strong after almost 2 years. Lately, ever since I downloaded the newst windows media player, I noticed that the volume when I play movies is really low. I end up having to turn my speakers up almost all the way, to the point where there's fuzz in the background.

I didn't and still don't have any problems with the volume of mp3's or other audio files, so i assume its gotta be a software/codec problem. I installed all the latest drivers for my onboard audio (realtec ac97... yea, I know.. onboard sucks... but Im poor), and all the latest drivers for my logitec x530 speakers. Still, all movie files (mpg, avi, even some html files like embedded videos on youtube and myspace) are comparably lower volumes.

so, any recommendations? should I go through all the trouble of downloading and installing the latest video and audio codecs? whats the best option for this?

Try going into your Control Panel, click on Sounds and Audio Devices, and ensure that the device volume is high enough.

This works for XP, not sure about other OSes though.

Regards :)

Where do you play the videos at? WMP, Real, iTunes, QT, PowerDVD, WinDVD, Winamp? Try setting the audio option (e.g. SRS or EQ) in your own program and sound volume will increase. For me, this is common (for DVD) and there should be no worry...:)

yea i have the realtek ac97 also, i had to mess around with the audio mixers till i got it right it can be a pain,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back