Mozilla Firebird 0.8 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

TS | Thomas

Just noticed over on the Mozilla FTP that one of todays latest uploads was an automated installer version of Firebird for Windows. Most interesting is that it claims to be Version 0.8 & is identified as Version 0.8 as well by the likes of Shockwave Flash installer.

Update: This was actually a nightly build, while it may be safe to download and run this version of Mozilla, note it's still not a version meant for wide public distribution. Download link.

Be advised, it's a Nightly Build and not an official release. My DL at work showed as a Ver. "7+". Flash Player installer called it an 8. I'll wait for an official release for my personal computer.

I installed it and it wouldn't even open up. No more Mozilla for me for a LONG time, it screwed up the other night too with my previous install - click a link - boom instant close of all Mozilla windows.
I'll stick with something more reliable, and faster to load, and more compatable with webpages. Like IE.

Mozilla has never worked good with my Windows machines, though it is my favored browser for Linux. I too will wait for an official release, as nightly builds seem to be more like nightmares in most cases.

I've had no trouble with Mozilla since 1.0 and Firebird 0.7. It's been working perfectly (except for 1.4 installtion issue which was fixed in 1.4.1).

I use Mozilla at home Windows XP SP1 & Firbird at work. Now the profiles with firbird can be intersting due to lack of a installation, espically if you have both installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back