Mozilla hijacker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ywain

Hi there,

I have a nice little registry in my ht log that seems to hijack the connection - disabling the ability to download e-mails, use the browser sometimes and update the AVG virus checker - everything really!

Here it is......

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{F55AC4C9-8A2B-4EB2-884F-432BF6A4D66A}: NameServer = 80.225.253.50 80.225.253.58

Anyone knows what it is and how to get rid of it.

Have tried to turn off system restore and fix it in safe mode - nothing works!!

Help plz!

Yws

you could try to use regedit. if you don't know how, go to start, run, type regedit. go to the address (on the left hand side) you listed for the registry item (hklm...etc)

Those IP numbers belong to our infamous foe Tiscali.
If that is your provider, start looking around and change to another provider "mui pronto".
If not, do a Find in Regedit for {F55AC4C9-8A2B-4EB2-884F-432BF6A4D66A} and delete all keys that have that number in it. Then let HJT fix it if still there.
Backup your registry first, just in case!.

Did the wrong thing!!

Hi - I have gone to Regedit and deleted a lot of keys with the {F55AC4C9-8A2B-4EB2-884F-432BF6A4D66A} thing in them (most of them where a key called 'bind' and where in registries conected to the internet - 'LAN' and 'connection' & so forth)- and now I'm not allowed to connect to the internet - it comes up as a different error every time - but the jist of it is that it has done something to the TCP/PPP or something- the computer does not agree with the remote computer on TCP/IP/PPP settings.

Can you help? Do I need an expert? Can I copy the Bind keys back in from a mates Computer? I know I should have made a backup but didn't!! Sorry!

Plz Help again!!!!

Did you get all instances of the ID # out of your registry .
Use the "find next" search , and keep click that until the registry tells you there are not more. Then re install the software for your ISP if it came on a disk or rerun the wizard if you have you settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back